- UCL Mathematical & Physical Sciences (MAPS) Faculty Education Award (Certificate), for Individual Excellence in academic supervision and personal tutoring. Shortlisted for the Provost’s Award.
- Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Authority (AFHEA), awarded for meeting UK Professional Standards in higher education teaching and learning support.
- Successful EPSRC Pioneer Grant lead author for Archer2 supercomputing resources (2023); notional value £110k.
Research Excellence Awards
- Materials Research Society (MRS) Graduate Student Award (Gold) & Future Leader 2023 Social Media Card & Certificate
- Materials Today Chemistry Rising Star Award 2022 Certificate
- MRS Future Leader 2023 Certificate & Video
- European Materials Research Society (eMRS) Young Researcher Award 2022 Certificate
- Ramsay Medal for Best Chemistry PhD student in UCL & Catlow Prize for Best Computational PhD student in UCL Chemistry 2022 (in the 3rd year of my PhD) Certificate & Medal
- MRS Graduate Student Award (Silver) 2022 Social Media Card & Certificate
- MRS Future Leader 2022 Certificate & Video
- eMRS Graduate Student Award 2021, Symposium F: “Earth-abundant next generation materials for solar energy” in recognition of outstanding research performance (Paper: ‘Hidden spontaneous polarisation in the chalcohalide photovoltaic absorber Sn$_2$SbS$_2$I$_3$’). Certificate
- eMRS Graduate Student Award 2021, Symposium A: “Materials for energy applications” in recognition of outstanding research performance (Paper: ‘Rapid Recombination by Cadmium Vacancies in CdTe’). Certificate
- Shortlisted for the International Conference on Defects in Semiconductors (ICDS) 2021 Corbett Prize (typically awarded to Associate Professors).
- Lindau Spirit Fellowship for highly-promising young researchers; awarded to 4 junior lecturers, 1 postdoctoral and 1 PhD researcher (me), at the 2022 Lindau Nobel Chemistry Laureate Meeting.
Travel Awards & Grants
- UCL-McGill-JSPS Core-to-core research collaboration grant (£3k) to visit Prof. Yu Kumagai in Tohoku University (October – November 2022), to extend our defect structure-searching work.
- Max Planck Travel Award (€1k) for a research stay with Prof. Christoph Freysoldt at Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung (MPIE), Germany. Certificate
- Thomas Young Centre (TYC) Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), 2021 (£1k).
- École Polytechnique Fédérale Lausanne (EPFL) SeeFuturePV Young Scientist Travel Grant 2021.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Researcher Development Grant, 2021.
- UCL Mathematical & Physical Sciences Faculty Early Career Researcher Travel Grant (£800).
- Royal Society and UCL Nominee to attend the tri-annual Chemistry Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau, Germany, at which I was awarded the Lindau Spirit Fellowship for highly-promising young researchers; given to 4 junior lecturers, 1 postdoc and 1 PhD (me).
- RSC Solid State Chemistry Group Travel Award.
Presentation Prizes & Awards
- Roy Prize for Best Graduate Student Oral Presentation at the RSC 40th Anniversary Solid State Chemistry Group (SSCG) Meeting, 2021 (£250), judged by the invited speakers.
- Best Poster Prize at the RSC International Conference on Materials Chemistry (MC16) – ‘Tin & Titanium Vacancy-Ordered Halide Perovskites: Cs$_2$(Sn/Ti)X$_6$’. Certificate
- Excellent Talk Prize at MRS Fall 2022 – ‘Impact of Cation Disorder in ABZ$_2$ Solar Absorbers’.
- Best Presentation Award at EMRS Spring 2022 – ‘Cation disorder engineering in AgBiS$_2$’. Certificate
- Excellent Talk Prize at MRS Fall 2020 – ‘Enhanced Optical Absorption via Mixed-Valent Doping of Vacancy-Ordered A$_3$B$_2$X$_9$ Triple Perovskites’. Certificate
- Excellent Talk Prize at SCI Materials for Energy Technology 2021 – ‘Rapid Recombination by Cadmium Vacancies in CdTe’.
- Best Poster at TYC Conference 2020, King’s College London – ‘Band Alignment of Antimony and Bismuth Silver-Bromide Double Perovskites’.
- Excellent Poster Prize at RSC Materials Chemistry Poster Symposium 2021 – ‘Bandgap Lowering in Lead-Free Cs$_2$Ag(Sb/Bi)Br$_6$ Double Perovskite Alloys’. Certificate
- Best Poster Prize at UCL Chemistry PhD Poster Session (2021) – ‘Hidden spontaneous polarisation in the chalcohalide photovoltaic absorber Sn$_2$SbS$_2$I$_3$’. Certificate
Undergraduate at Trinity College Dublin (TCD), Ireland
- Henderson-Lloyd prize for the highest overall grade in the Class of 2019, in the Schools of Chemistry and Physics at Trinity College Dublin (margin >10%).
- Trinity Employability Award in Partnership with Intel (2018).
- Elected to Foundation Scholarship, the “most prestigious undergraduate award in Ireland” (€100,000 Value)(2017). Certificate
- Represented Trinity College Dublin in the Eurachem Analytical Measurement Competition, achieving 2nd place out of 20 (2017).